Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Anyone else with me in the middle?

So you look around and it’s extreme everything. It’s also became a societal belief that if you agree with one party on a political issue, then you are a hardcore whichever side you are on for that issue. This belief has been a big part of what has caused the animosity in our country. 

So what about us here in the middle? I’m a teacher and I’m for public education so most people associate that with Democrats and everything liberal. In today’s society, they would also believe that I agree with everything was the party stands for, which isn’t true. In fact, virtually every time I take a test to figure out my “political compass,” I score in the middle or centrist. I have a feeling there’s more out there like me, they may not be an exact centrist, but they are a lot closer to middle that what most people assume. 

One of my favorite comedians, William Lee Martin, formerly known as Cowboy Bill Martin, just started a new segment called “Living in the Middle.” This resonates with me immensely. 

I just hope we can think about this and realize that we all don’t necessarily agree with one another, that we also realize that we all different opinions on different things and those opinions may not all align with one political party or the other.

It might bring us back together, but these are really just my random thoughts. 

#blog #opinion #politics #humanbeings 

No comments:

Post a Comment