Thursday, February 5, 2015

Are all these toppings necessary?

So tonight, we hit a chain "gourmet burger" joint. This burger has provolone, sautéed mushrooms, and crispy onion straws on it along with some kind of a mayo. It was messy but my biggest issue, I couldn't taste the beef. 
This leads me to ask "are all these toppings really necessary?" If you can't taste the beef or whatever you choose for you meat or meat substitute of choice, I don't see the point. That should be the focal point of the flavor profile. 
You may ask, "is it possible to have that?" My answer is yes. The best burger I've ever had was topped with 4 cheeses and a homemade Mac and cheese, plus mayo and still that beef patty came through. The toppings did way they were supposed to do and enhanced the flavor not shadow it. That is what this burger had plus the homemade bun was soft and yet was strong enough to support it all. 
I don't care if it's fast food to high dollar, let me taste beef. But again, these are really just my random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment