Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Do we really need the Pro Bowl anymore?

This is something I've been asking myself for a week and a half now. I could care less about the Pro Bowl and I really think it should become an honor like All-American in college football and we ditch the game.
Some will say "well people care, it was highest in the ratings that night." Let's face it, that was a bunch of guys desperate for football and didn't want to watch the SAG awards or whatever "Real Housewives" with their girl.
We don't get the good players from the Super Bowl teams, so what's the point? How do you feel if you're that guy, "congrats, you are playing in the Pro Bowl because the real first choice took his team to the Super Bowl and can't play?" 
Another reason, the game doesn't mean anything. At least in baseball, the game has meaning to the season, not just an after thought.
I do applaud the NFL for trying to make it relevant with the picking of captains and selecting of teams. It was a shot, I just think it's not really worth anymore.
Of course Roger Goodell is going to do what he wants to do. And again, these are really just my random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment