Thursday, January 1, 2015

First mistake of 2015

So I've already screwed up and it hasn't even been 13 hours in yet. Normally, we have a standing New Year's Day event with my wife's Dad's side of the family, however this year, it was moved to a later date. That being the case, we didn't think about lunch and slept in way past breakfast. In our little town, we have just a handful of places to eat and considering we were sick of Sonic and pizza, we opted for Subway. (Note, I'm going back to Paleo tomorrow. I did great for 6 weeks and let stress and the holidays get me. That's a 2014 mistake I'll learn from.) I was still in my"pjs," a long sleeve t-shirt and cotton shorts, so I didn't want to have to go in. I get on Subway's website and check out their specials. No prices, but I get that. I decide to try the Big Pastrami whatever. 
So I call to order so I can use the pick up window. My wife got a six dollar combo and included baked BBQ chips, I got a foot long pastrami, and we got 3 cookies. The lady taking my order repeated it back but didn't give me a total and hung up before I could ask. I grab about $16 in cash thinking it should be plenty. I get there and it's $18.89!!! I said "come again?!" I was then told that the pastrami was almost $10!!!! I can get one at a chain deli for less. So I had to run back and grab 3 more dollars. I get back, about 5 minutes later, the woman gives me the total and doesn't say sorry, thank you, kiss my butt or anything. 
I get home and find I got regular BBQ chips and a sandwich that isn't even close to being worth $10. On top of that, I said light lettuce on my wife's sandwich and there was more lettuce than anything. 
I normally try to hit non chain places when I can but I expect to have decent customer service and for them to get my order right. 
Subway, you're overcharging for an inferior product and wasn't enough of it on there to validate the price of it either. I suggest you find a way to look up price by zip code and if you are going to charge that price, it better not suck and it did today. 
Roast is already in the crock pot for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment