Sunday, January 4, 2015

RIP Stuart Scott

Today, as many of you may know, long time ESPN SportsCenter host, Stuart Scott passed away at the age of 49 after a batter with cancer. 
The following quote was from his acceptance speech after receiving the Jimmy V award last month:
"When you die, that does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and the manner in which you live," he said. "So live. Live. Fight like hell. And when you get too tired to fight, lay down and rest and let somebody else fight for you."
This has had the most profound impact on me today but I want to change it a little. Forget living that way just if you have cancer, live and fight that at for all of your life. I truly believe that we spend too much time daydreaming or being timid when we should live. 
RIP Stuart, there's nothing I could say any better that hasn't been said already. You gave it all you had I hope I can live my life the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment