Tuesday, January 6, 2015

How much house will Stoops really clean?

Well, as a lifelong Oklahoma fan, to hear that it could be a "historic" cleaning of the house of assistant coaches makes me curious. Curious and anxious after what was a disappointing finish to this season.
I was never convinced that we were going to be Big 12 champs with Baylor still returning a chunk of players, but I didn't expect 8-5 either.
I do believe Josh Huepel has got to go, at least back to QB coach. Too much trying to force a passing game when had we continued running the ball more, we'd have maybe won a couple more of those games. 
I would be willing to give DC Mike Stoops  another year but looking like he's out too which now that I think about him being defensive backs coach, it's time for him too.
Something can be said for changing up assistants more frequently. It could be a sign that you're winning. I read an article last year that Nick Saban's average assistant lasts 3 years. 
I guess time will tell at 11am CST but I know 

No comments:

Post a Comment