Sunday, January 18, 2015

Griffin Communications' greed may just lead me to an answer I've been searching for.

So, if you read my blog any, you know I also throw some sports blog in there as well, after all this is "Really just my RANDOM thoughts." I will not get to see the AFC title game due to a dispute between Griffin Communications, owners of my local CBS affiliate, and Dish Network. 
The blame game is being played but after me doing some research, I'm hacked at Griffin Communications. They are asking for 4 times the amount that they had been getting from Dish, which Dish doesn't want to have to pay and pass off to customers. 
Dish however may have an answer to my quest of wanting to drop Satellite/Cable altogether. They have come out with a set up where you can stream a number of channels for $20 including ESPN 1 & 2  & Food Network. That's probably 40% or what we watch. Plus there's no contract attached from what I've found. So, internet, plus $20, plus I think it's like $7 a month for another streaming service and I'm set. Some networks show entire episodes online for free. Yeah, it might be a week after, but I don't usually get to watch stuff live anyway, I'm using the DVR. 
I wonder how many people could benefit from this? Again, really just my random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment