Saturday, January 24, 2015

My appreciation and frustrations with dentists.

So I'm currently sitting in the dentist's office with my wife. We get here at 9:15 and her appointment is at 9:30. We get back there on time and the assistant comes in and says we have a change of game plan, not only are they going to do a double root canal, they want to go ahead and finish one of them today too. I had scheduled an appointment at the tire shop at Noon and the assistant tells me we will done in plenty of time.
Well time is rolling by and at 10:30, still we still haven't seen the dentist and then the hygienist comes in and says, "hey, we could go ahead and do a cleaning. 
Well, it's no 11:15 and we aren't really into the first root canal yet. I'm frustrated. All I ask is please respect my time. 
Now, I do appreciate the fact that these folks are professional and have great bedside manner. I think that should be a major part of the dental licensing exam, a personality test. I think the label should be on their license that away if you are one who wants a person who doesn't small talk much and gets it done, you can find a dentist that is that way or if you want a friendly type, you can have that too. 
I don't know, really just my random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment